Location: Great Hucklow, Derbyshire
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Candidates who do not already have the right of abode and to employment in the United Kingdom will not be considered.
This role will suit a recent graduate in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering or physics. You may be either looking for a first job after leaving university, or wish to progress your career now that you have 1 - 2 years post graduate experience in industry. You will be working alongside our senior consultants on prestigious projects for major global players in the industrial and engineering sectors. The job would particularly suit someone with practical shop floor manufacturing and/or workshop experience.
- Identifying and applying technical standards for safety and performance of a wide range of equipment from a multitude of sectors;
- Familiarisation with key standards for electrical and mechanical aspects of equipment design;
- Performing examinations and assessments of products and equipment both at our facility, and during site visits to clients' premises in the UK and worldwide;
- Establish a clear and full understanding of the scope of work and budget, including effective project management to ensure timely delivery;
- Preparation and compilation of technical documentation;
- Research into existing and proposed legislation and standards;
- Reporting findings of examinations and assessments to the client by presentation and in writing;
- Actively engage with other team members and recognise the importance to the business of developing your skills.
- Technical qualification, preferably a Degree;
- Experience in the application of technology;
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent written English skills;
- ‘Can-do’ problem solving attitude;
- Willing to work outside your comfort zone;
- Product design and development, ideally based on standards
- Working and communicating with clients;
- Practical workshop skills;