Location: Great Hucklow, Derbyshire;
Salary: Negotiable, £35k - £55k depending on qualifications and experience;
Hours: 37.5 hours per week;
Contract: Permanent, full-time.
Candidates who do not already have the right of abode and to employment in the United Kingdom will not be considered.
Qualifications and experience:
HND, BSc or MSc in electrical engineering, power engineering, electronics, pure or applied physics, or similar technical qualification;
Minimum of 4 years (for Consultant) or 10 years (for Senior Consultant) direct experience in a least some of the following:
- Regulatory compliance (product safety);
- Low Voltage Directive and associated standards;
- Electrical equipment of machines;
- Electrical safety standards (e.g. EN 60335, EN 62368, EN 60101)
- Insulation, circuit protection;
- Electromagnetic compatibility;
- Radio equipment;
- Ecodesign, RoHS and WEEE
- Control systems;
- Quality management.
- Examination and risk assessment of equipment on behalf of clients;
- Assisting clients with the identification and application of relevant legislation and standards for safety and performance of their products;
- Assisting clients with the design and implementation of safety and quality projects and procedures;
- Evaluation, preparation and compilation of Technical Files;
- Preparing and performing test and examination procedures;
- Liaising with external test facilities on behalf of the client;
- Examining client’s products and processes and determining deficiencies;
- Site visits to clients' premises in the UK and worldwide.
- Reporting your findings on the above matters to the client by telephone, email and formal reports;
- Research into existing and proposed legislation and standards;
- Preparation and presentation of training materials and courses;
- Dealing with sales enquiries, preparing quotations and proposals;
- Writing and checking items for the company web site;
- Overseeing, mentoring and assisting junior staff from a practical and technical perspective, with regard to projects and tasks as required by the business;
- Recognises the importance of good, open and trusting relationships and actively engages with customers to establish them;
- Able to establish a clear and full understanding of a customer’s requirements and expectations, both explicit and implicit;
- Committed to the fulfillment of all aspects of customer requirements and meeting their expectations;
- Recognises the importance of keeping customers informed of progress with respect to the work being undertaken on their behalf and actively utilises all appropriate communication methods to do so.
- Establishes a clear and full understanding of the scope of work and budget for all allocated work;
- Manages all allocated work to ensure that only activities included in the scope of work are undertaken and that customers are promptly informed of any requested activities that are not included within it.
- Manages all allocated work such that the hours expended are within the allotted hours budget for the work and, where this is not possible, reports the matter promptly to the business.
Planning and organization:
- Is able to plan and prioritise the work allocated to them such that they maximise their effectiveness at undertaking the work whilst still fulfilling all customer requirements and expectations.
- Recognises the importance to both the business and customers of Conformance maintaining a complete record of all communications and documentation issued and ensures that the record is updated promptly.
- Is able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex technical subject matters.
- Recognises the importance of effective communications in establishing good customer relationships and actively develops and maintains them.
- Actively engages with other team members to promote a collaborative working environment focused on effectively meeting customer requirements and developing the business.
- Recognises the importance to the business of developing the skills within the team and supports other team members to do so by actively sharing both knowledge and experience.
Creativity and problem solving:
- Is able to analyse complex problems and develop innovative and effective solutions.
- Is willing and able to utilise their knowledge and skills to undertake activities for which they have no direct experience.
- Is able to quickly assimilate both technical and legislative information, effectively restate it and utilise it, where applicable, in undertaking allocated work.