Toy manufacturing is dominated by large asian manufacturers but there are many small business hand crafting toys in the UK. If the toys are made outside Europe, the importer will have to take responsibility for CE marking. Small UK manufacturers generally need assistance with CE marking by self certification and we have a range of resources aimed specifically at this market. Larger importers will generally rely on test certificates issued by internationally accredited test labs.
Conformance offers a comprehensive range of support services for manufacturers and importers of toys and other consumer durables, both large and small. Contact us today to find out how our expertise in product safety can complement your key skills in manufacturing, import and sales.
- Self-certification resources at very reasonable prices are available from our on-line shop.
- Help to complete a risk assessment and analysis of the hazards that a product may present.
- Review test certificates and advise on testing of products.
- Help to compile a technical file which contains the information required by the directives.
- Provide a draft Declaration of Conformity and help you complete it.
- Follow up advice.
Our recent industry experience includes:
- Fidget spinners, skateboards, hoverboards and bicycles.
- Homemade soft toys, taggie blankets and fabric books
- Teepees & play tents
- Homemade craft kits & wooden toys
- Children's fancy dress costumes and accessories
- Wax crayons
- Story stones
- Mud kitchens
- Playdough-like products
- Educational books and kits
- Promotional and gift items
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the answers to many more CE marking questions in our knowledgebase.
Other relevant products and services we offer
Our shop allows you to purchase a range of useful resources such as our unique self-certification packs for toys, plus checklists and various declaration form examples.
You can purchase consultancy from our online shop in blocks of 30 or 60 minutes to provide quick help when you need it.
We can assist with interpreting the requirements of the directives and standards and applying them to your products. We can also draft instruction manuals, check the content of product labels, data plates, and packaging.
You will find checklists and formats for risk assessment in our online shop. We have many other checklists and report formats which are not in the shop - please contact us if you are looking for something specific and can't find it.
We provide guides which identify the applicable directives and standards for your product and all the other information you will need to do your own assessments. Every guide is tailored to your specific requirements and includes detailed information on how to do the assessment, checklists and formats for recording the results and a draft of the Declaration of Conformity you will need to sign when the process is complete.