Functional safety of control systems for Machinery.
Control systems for machinery are becoming ever more complex. Machinery is becoming ever more reliant on control systems for safety functions such as guard interlocks, speed and positional control, emergency stops and personnel detection.
Our web page on safety related controls gives more details on the requirements for this type of product.
Conformance Ltd. have been assessing machinery control systems against the requirements of the regulations and standards for many years. In particular, we have a detailed understanding the main relevant standard covering this subject – EN ISO 13849-1: 2015 - and its application. We have developed templates and procedures to facilitate specification, evaluation, verification and validation of control system design.
We use the Sistema application to record evaluation and verification of hardware. We can also advise on software validation.
Verification and validation help manufacturers to ensure that their control system designs are compliant and the documentation is complete. It can also lead to more cost-effective designs.
Contact us for help with:
- Risk assessment and specification of safety related control functions;
- Verification and validation of existing and proposed designs;
- Documentation and record keeping for safety related controls;
- Formats and templates for recording risk assessments, PLa analysis, technical documentation, etc.;
- Training in the principles of control system safety and the associated standards.