Electrical and electronic equipment has become fundamental to our modern way of life but can be dangerous when badly designed or made, or if it is misused. CE marking covers a very wide range of apparatus, from energy production plants and distribution networks right through to mobile phones, toys and other consumer durables. Whatever the scale of your electrical or electronic equipment, Conformance can help you through the process of CE marking.
- Initial consultation to assess your requirements and decide how we can help.
- Identify the directives and standards which apply to your product.
- Conduct a design review to verify compliance with the applicable requirements.
- Provide you with a report outlining areas of non-compliance and advice to help you rectify them.
- Help to compile a technical file which contains the information required by the directives.
- Provide a draft Declaration of Conformity and help you complete it.
- Offer follow up advice when you need it.
Our recent industry experience includes:
- Consumer audio products
- Lighting and luminaires
- Electrical sanitary products
- Motor drives
- RFID and EFTPOS devices
- Machine control panels
- Domestic kitchen appliances
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Home automation products
- Domestic Wi-Fi routers
- Commercial catering equipment
- LED advertising panels
- Automated test equipment
- Vision and inspection systems
- Satellite ground station equipment
- Underwater lighting and connectors
- Medical electrical equipment
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the answers to many more CE marking questions in our knowledgebase.
Other relevant products and services we offer
Our shop allows you to purchase a range of useful resources such as self-certification packs, checklists and declaration formats.
You can purchase consultancy from our online shop in blocks of 30 or 60 minutes to provide quick help when you need it.
Our CE Marking Electrial Equipment course covers the requirements of the relevant Directives. We also do more basic 'introduction to CE marking' courses. We can also provide you with a customised course relevant to your products and needs.
We can assist with interpreting the requirements of the directives and standards and applying them to your products. We can also draft instruction manuals, check the content of product labels, data plates, and packaging.
If you are unsure what technical documentation you need to show compliance with the Directives we can provide contents lists and formats for compiling and storing the information.
You will find checklists and formats for risk assessment in our online shop. We have many other checklists and report formats which are not in the shop - please contact us if you are looking for something specific and can't find it.
We will visit your works to inspect and assess your product and identify any areas which do not comply with the applicable directives and standards.
We provide guides which identify the applicable directives and standards for your product and all the other information you will need to do your own assessments. Every guide is tailored to your specific requirements and includes detailed information on how to do the assessment, checklists and formats for recording the results and a draft of the Declaration of Conformity you will need to sign when the process is complete.