7. Many products can be self certified.
- The EMC and Low Voltage Directives do not require independent testing to verify compliance; neither do most machines and many other products.
- Higher classes of medical device, PPE, gas appliances and some machinery require Notified Body involvement.
- It is possible that a notified body may do tests, quality system assessments, or both.
- It is up to the manufacturer to decide what testing is required for their product.
- It is possible to undertake a wide range of testing for products, so how much you would like to spend will impact how rigorous the testing procedure will be.