Local authority department.
Produced a risk assessment to the RAPEX guidelines to determine how dangerous a suspected product was.
RAPEX guidelines, EN 60335-1, Low Voltage Directive.
What we did:
1. Reviewed the product against the LVD and EN 60335-1 safety standard.
2. Produced a Risk Assessment using the RAPEX guidelines.
3. Advised how safety of the product could be improved.
What the customer did:
1. Used this information to speak with the importer of the product.
1. The customer was able to discuss with the importer with a third party report showing the product safety issues identified.
2. We believe the product was withdrawn from the marketplace.