Global supplier of pigment.
Our client had carried out significant modifications to a previously CE Marked machine, including improvements to guarding and installation of a new electrical control system. This necessitated a confirmation of the machines safety related design, hence a PUWER assessment was performed.
Work Equipment Directives (implemented in UK as the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations).
What we did:
- Carried out an assessment of the modification work against PUWER regulations albeit largely in-line with Essential Requirements of CE marking directives.
- Provided a detailed report listing improvement suggestions and non-compliances with photographic support and guidance on rectification work.
- Provided guidance and assistance with preparation of new user documentation.
What the customer did:
- Supplied us with detailed mechanical and electrical design drawings for the modifications.
- Modified the design according to our recommendations.
- Recorded details of compliance and satisfied legal obligations.
Client satisfied their legal obligations under PUWER and now holds documentary evidence to justify.