Multi phased support.
Manufacturer of aeronautical components.
Client is a long-standing manufacturer and supplier of equipment into the industry. Integral to manufacturing are many test rigs which are in regular use being developed and evolved over many decades to improve safety related design and documentation. These test rigs routinely require upgrade and refurbishment works.
Work Equipment Directives (implemented in UK as the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations).
What we did:
- Undertook a systematic review of several test rigs against PUWER regulations.
- Provide detailed reports highlighting any issues and recommending design upgrades.
- Specified requirements of necessary user instructions and modifications to existing documentation.
What the customer did:
- Implemented the design modifications.
- Drafted more comprehensive user instructions according to our specification.
- Continued with our support for several phases of work.
The client maintains work equipment in line with the requirements of the regulations.