Multinational supplier of concrete products and construction products manufacturer
Installation of a whole new production line taking raw materials to packaged product. The client required advice regarding certification of component machines and their own obligations as an integrator.
What we did:
- Liaised with client prior to manufacture of component machines, to ensure suppliers satisfied the appropriate requirements and issued relevant certificates.
- Defined the extent of the responsibilities falling on the supplier and the integrator.
- Helped specify of control system certification and functional safety requirements.
- Reviewed certification of component machines.
- Identified applicable directives and standards for the integrator’s role.
- Provided advice on detailed design issues regarding compliance.
- Advised on collating the Technical File, consisting of information from suppliers and information generated by the client.
What the customer did:
- Specified requirements for component machines.
- Sourced control system for the complete line to integrate with component machines.
The client was very satisfied with the work undertaken which enabled him to navigate through the potentially problematic task of CE marking a complex production line which consisted of equipment from many suppliers together with their own responsibilities.