A manufacturer of hydraulic generator starter systems consisting of a hydraulic starter motor supplied by hydraulic accumulators.
Our client wanted to use accumulators designed and manufactured by their South African subsidiary and approved in South Africa.
What We Did:
- Established the applicable directives and standards and that the vessels were in PED Categories II-IV.
- Reviewed the South African approval file based on BS 5500 for completeness as a PED technical file.
- Produced several Pressure Equipment Directive PED documents to include in the technical file to complete the record of compliance with the PED:
1.Demonstrated that the materials selected were suitable in a Particular Material Appraisal.
2.Completed a PED Essential Requirements assessment using a checklist
3.Completed a PED Hazard Analysis report
- Recommended submission of the completed technical file to a Notified Body.
What the Customer Did:
- Added the documents we produced to complete their technical file.
Submitted the technical file to their chosen Notified Body for EU type examination and quality system approval.
The client was able to get their design and quality systems approved and to CE mark the accumulators and use them on their starting systems supplied to Europe.