6 months - ongoing
A manufacturer of wind turbines for use in off-shore and on-shore wind farms
The client was launching a new type of wind turbine and asked Conformance to assist with ensuring that it complied with the Machinery Directive's essential health and safety requirements (EHSRs). The client also needed a light Technical File producing to share with potential clients.
Machinery, PED, EMC
What we did:
- Reviewed the standards and gathered a list of requirements relevant to the Machinery Directive's EHSRs
- Inspected a prototype wind turbine and assessed it against the requirements.
- A design review with the company's design team
- Identified where the design did not meet ESHRs and where possible, identified how the non-compliance could be rectified
- Assisted Client to produce a complete technical file
- Identified components needed for a light Technical File which could be shared with potential clients
- Managed the production of this file
What the customer did:
- Participated in design review
- Addressed the non-compliance by amending the design documentation
- Produced the required documentation to complete both Technical Files
Ensure product complies with the EHSRs of the machinery directive.
Complete both technical files