4 Months from initial enquiry to completion
American manufacturer of custom drying systems.
The American based client had developed a drying system to be used on a printing and coating machine. Conformance had previously worked with the UK purchaser of the machine, who recommended the supplier contact us to ensure the machine was correctly CE marked before it was imported to the UK.
Machinery, ATEX, EMC
What We Did:
- Carried out several site visits including one to the USA to assess the product.
- Carried out an assessment to the Machinery Directive standards, including access to moving parts, temperature, exhaust flow monitoring and assessments of the instruction manual and labels.
- Reported on areas of non-compliance and made recommendations to correct these areas. As the drier would become part of a larger machine, this included recommendations for the procedure of incorporating it into the finished machine.
- Gave recommendations for the content of the technical file.
- Helped client complete a Declaration of Incorporation once the regulations had been met.
What The Customer Did:
- Acted on our report, e.g. affixed additional warnings to the machine.
- Compiled evidence for the Technical File.
The Client was able to export their machine to the UK with a Declaration of Incorporation and a comprehensive technical file.