3 Months from initial enquiry to completion
Global supplier of automotive seating systems
The client approached Conformance to assist them with an automatic guided cart system for one of their European factories. The cart pulls trailers around the factory floor along a magnetic track and has on-board sensors to detect obstacles. It was manufactured in the USA and the company wanted to import it for use in their UK factory.
Machinery, EMC, RoHS, WEEE
What we did:
- Liaised with both the original manufacturer and the importing company to discuss compliance issues.
- Performed an initial assessment of the machine to a tight deadline.
- Carried out specialist testing of machine according to the standards set out by the Machinery Directive, including the control of the device, (brakes, steering, speed), access to moving parts and the manual handling of the machine.
- Carried out the EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) review.
- Produced a detailed report on the areas of compliance and non-compliance with the relevant directives, and provided recommendations on how to achieved compliance.
- Complied the Technical File containing all the evidence to prove compliance.
What the customer did:
- Acted on specific recommendations to ensure the product was compliant, for example adding a guard over the moving parts.
- Provided evidence we requested for the Technical File, for example the wiring diagram and instruction manual.
The Client was able to produce a Declaration of Conformity and use their machine in the Uk factory.