3 Months from initial enquiry to completion
Global manufacturer of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
The client had obtained a custom built panel that housed monitoring instruments and associated apparatus, and wanted to use it in the test department of their UK factory. The panel was manufactured outside the EU using locally sourced components and was not CE marked. They approached Conformance for assistance prior to putting it into service.
What we did:
- Visited the factory to provide an initial assessment of the panel, review supporting documentation and establish the client’s objectives and priorities.
- Provided a report highlighting the key findings, applicable directives, the changes needed to achieve compliance and the further testing required.
- Created key technical documents, including a critical components list.
- Carried out an EMC review and reported the results.
- Provided checklists to allow the client to complete the evaluation of the product once modifications had been made.
What the customer did:
- Made changes to the product in line with our recommendations, including replacement of some components with parts meeting the necessary standard.
- Collected missing documentation and filled in the checklists to complete the technical file.
The client was able to fulfil their regulatory obligations and put the panel into service in their UK factory.