2 Months from initial enquiry to completion.
UK manufacturer of high-performance DC:DC converter.
The client had designed a high efficiency DC:DC converter primarily for use in battery-powered applications and requested Conformance to identify applicable directives and evaluate the product’s compliance, having worked with us previously on compliance strategies for a control product.
What we did:
- Identified the applicable directives and appropriate standards.
- Assessed the equipment (including its markings and instructions) against the requirements identified.
- Reported the results of the assessment, including areas of likely non compliance and further work needed.
- Reviewed and commented on test reports.
- Provided a checklist covering requirements for technical documentation together with a draft Declaration of Conformity.
What the customer did:
- Implemented changes to the product and its instructions based on our recommendations.
- Completed the declaration of conformity and established documentation for their Technical File.
- Marketed the product.
The client was able to successfully sell their product with confidence in its compliance and in the knowledge that they had all the required documentation.