2 Months from initial enquiry to completion
UK importer of a range of domestic / commercial lighting equipment.
The UK importer was hoping to import a range of lighting products sourced from several manufacturers based in the Far East, and requested Conformance to review 5 samples of different types and to provide a report on the issues identified and guidance on the need for further testing and investigation.
What we did:
- Reported on the Directives applicable to the range of products.
- Evaluated each sample with a particular focus on safety aspects, including the design, construction, components, mechanical strength and access to live parts.
- Reported on the nature and scale of the non-compliances discovered.
- Recommended next steps and provided advice on an appropriate course of action for future products.
What the customer did:
- Acted on our report, i.e. did not proceed to import non-compliant products.
The client was able to avoid importing unsafe products and obtained clear advice on the applicable directives and what documentation to request from their suppliers.