World-wide, market-leading manufacturer of Gear Pumps
The Client asked us to produce their technical file within a time constraint. They had been struggling to complete this file for 9 years. They did not have any record of compliance with the ATEX directive and standards.
ATEX, Machinery, EMC, RoHS
What we did:
- Assessed their entire product range to the ATEX non-electrical standards using checklists and produced an action plan for correcting some non-compliances.
- Identified which of their engineering documents were needed to complete their Technical File.
- Highlighted which essential documents were missing.
- We turned this into a detailed action plan with individual responsibilities and completion dates.
- We managed this production, with regular reviews.
- Arranged the Documents on their file server into a technical file.
- Supplied written instructions on how to deliver the technical file for any pump to the authorities on request.
- We compiled a simplified technical file to lodge with an ATEX notified body, this file was detailed enough to comply with the directive but simple enough to easily maintain.
What the customer did:
- Followed our detailed action plan
- Produced some of the missing documents identified by us
- Assisted with arranging the documents
The client was able to produce a completed technical file, on time, for their international director. The lack of a technical file had been a long standing problem for the client and they were extremely relieved to have it finally completed.