Industrial and Commercial Fabrication company, manufacturing buildings, machinery structures and other steel products.
Long established company with diverse client list including agricultural, industrial and commercial/domestic construction company’s. Our client needed to gain CE Marking for Structural Steel fabrications to allow continuation and growth in the construction sector.
CPR (regulation not a Directive) and harmonized standard EN 1090
What we did:
- Guided the client with integration of the requirements of the standard and the CPR
- Prepared a Factory Production Control manual specific to the clients business and existing processes.
- Assisted client with Welding requirements of EN 1090 including Responsible Welding Coordinator training.
- Trained all personnel involved in “CE” activities.
- Arranged and handled Notified Body audit.
- Provided Declaration of Performance and CE Mark templates.
What the customer did:
- Put employees through required training, including coding of welders.
- Spent time reorganising work shops and yard.
- Segregated non-traceable materials and labeled up all.
- Organised testing of plasma cutting machine in line with requirements of EN1090-2.
- Introduced new purchasing and inspection systems up to level required by the standard.
Client adopted the requirements of the CPR and EN 1090, was successful with the FPC audit, received certification from the Notified Body and continued manufacturing products.