An offshore service company providing cleaning services.
Our client was designing and building a water treatment skid for their own use. The skid stored and treated water which had been used to clean contaminated plant. The water was contained with lumps of sand, limescale and rust which they macerated to break up the lumps prior to discharge into the sea in line with environmental requirements.
What We Did:
- Established the directives and standards
- Assessed the equipment to the Machinery Directive using a checklist of the pumps standard EN 809 and the ATEX Directive using checklists of the non-electrical equipment standards.
- Compiled an ignition hazard assessment report
- Provided a report of the compliance issues noted in the assessment and recommended actions
- Recommended and supervised a Compex accredited electrical installer to design, install and test the electrical equipment
- Assisted with completing the actions, provided a draft Declaration of Conformity and advised on the contents of the markings, instructions and technical file.
- Arranged the storage of the technical file with a Notified Body.
What the Customer did:
- Designed and built the machine in cooperation with the Compex electrician and followed our recommendations to make it comply.
- Compiled the technical file from our contents list and lodged the ATEX parts with a Notified Body
- Completed the Declaration of Conformity and applied the ratings plate including the CE and Ex markings
The client was able to submit the equipment and technical file to their client’s offshore inspector and get it approved for offshore use according to their client's rigorous equipment approval procedure. On approval, they were able to use it for offshore cleaning work.